Social Media Marketing. What is social media?
Social Media Definition
Wikipedia defines Social Media as media for social interaction, using highly accessible and scalable communication techniques. Social media is the use of web-based and mobile technologies to turn communication into interactive dialogue. Businesses also refer to social media as consumer-generated media (CGM). A common thread running through all definitions of social media is a blending of technology and social interaction for the co-creation of value.
Popular Social Media Marketing Articles and How Tos
Start using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and blogging to build your company brand with help from these social media marketing articles from BIG Marketing.
- How to Use Social Media to Promote Traffic to Your Small Business Blog: If you want your small business to really capitalize on its social media presence, you should absolutely try using it to direct traffic to your blog. Integrating your social media marketing tools is essential to the process of “claiming” your brand on the internet — so what are you waiting for?
- How to Use Twitter for Marketing Without Annoying Followers: With the explosive popularity in Twitter comes the growing annoyance of spammers. Here’s how to use Twitter to promote your business without losing your followers.
- BIG Ideas for Your Small Business Website: The Internet has handed small business owners an amazing marketing tool. Small brands with remarkable products and services have the tools (namely search engines and social networks) to connect them with their ideal customer.
- Consultants, Replace Your Tired Website With a Blog: If you are a consultant, coach or advisor then it’s time to drop your website and replace it with a blog. Here’s why.
- Small Business Mobile Marketing: As a small business owner, now is the time to include the mobile medium into your social media marketing. With the explosion in smartphones and tablets, mobile apps provide new opportunities for small business owners to connect with their customers.
- Should Companies Embrace Facebook?: Companies need to embrace Facebook and other social media platform to reach customers in a meaningful and massive way like never before.
- What is Social Media? Find the F**K Out Here: Watch this slideshow – one of the simplest and funniest explanations of what social media is (don’t let the profanity in the title stop you). If you’re still not quite sure what social media is or what impact it can have on your business, then do yourself a favor, and watch.