SEO. What is search engine optimization?
Search Engine Optimization Definition
Wikipedia defines Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page insearch engines via the “natural” or un-paid (organic) search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a website web presence.
Popular SEO Articles and How Tos
If you would like your website to rank higher on search engines like Google, then look towards these helpful SEO articles from BIG Marketing to help you increase your organic traffic.
- SEO for Dummies – Demystifying Optimization: SEO is so often kicked around and many times misunderstood. Business people and marketers actively using the web as a source for promoting their products know of it, but not all are sure how to “optimize” their site.
- 5 DIY SEO Tips You Can Implement for Free: If you have never given any thought to SEO, these five simple techniques should help you to start improving your search engine results giving you a nice boost in relevant traffic.
- BIG Ideas for Your Small Business Website: The Internet has handed small business owners an amazing marketing tool. Small brands with remarkable products and services have the tools (namely search engines and social networks) to connect them with their ideal customer.
- Make Your Website Your Best Salesperson: You may be tempted to throw a lot of money into paid search, but investing in organic search will last much longer, making it the most effective way to drive leads for your business.
- Getting Google to Know You: You know how people use name repetition (sometimes relentlessly) to remember yours? (“Hi, Sandra, so good to meet you, Sandra. Can I get you a beverage, Sandra? Sandra, let me take your coat.”) SEO works kind of the same way.